Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greek Helms

+14
JonoDog
Olympaeus, King of Sparta
TimDog
Draxus
Zanthras
Archimedes
Ian Sturrock Aegis Hellas
Oenos [Daedanauts]
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Wozzi
Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Panakeia
Philip
Tim (Aegis Hellas)
18 posters

:: Public Area :: Agora

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Greek Helms - Page 2 Empty Re: Greek Helms

Post  Draxus Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:13 am

FBFX are amazing, i cannot recomend them enough, if you need anything specific call them up they are incredibly helpful and ordered my helm personally as they didnt trust a courier to do it..
now thats service
Draxus
Draxus
Psiloi
Psiloi

Back to top Go down

Post  TimDog Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 am

I want a Thracian helm(surprise) and I haven't found anyone making them so I'll be having a go at building one based on my normal leather helmet bowl and a spare Roman crest from Velvet Glove. I'll keep you posted on how it goes because if it looks OK I can make them any size.

Cheers

Tim

TimDog
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Olympaeus, King of Sparta Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:15 am

It's our intention to go for the Norton Corinthians, based on the fact thT THEY ARE THE OLDER DESIGN (wtf...WHY AM I SHOuting????) but really would recommend the better vision of other styles.

Jon Peck, who owns Norton, is a mate of mine and did us some kit favours for ODD so I recommend getting hold of him and discussing prices if you have bulk orders as his kit is lovely to fight in....

Oh yes, for those who didn't know, Jon Peck was playing Rahim the Persian scum (oops, meant champion) for the Lions and Tigers of Hyrkan!!!!

Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Post  JonoDog Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Gotta say that I have a Corinthian helm and was amazed at how comfy it was and how good the visibility actually was.

Perhaps I lucked out and got one perfect for my head, or my padding of the interior was spot on.

All I'd say Is not to discount them outright. They look great, they are intimidating and to me look the cultural stereotype.

JonoDog
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin (Aegis Hellas) Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:22 pm

TimDog wrote:I want a Thracian helm(surprise) and I haven't found anyone making them so I'll be having a go at building one based on my normal leather helmet bowl and a spare Roman crest from Velvet Glove. I'll keep you posted on how it goes because if it looks OK I can make them any size.

Cheers

Tim

Norton make them

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin (Aegis Hellas) Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Olympaeus, King of Sparta wrote:It's our intention to go for the Norton Corinthians, based on the fact thT THEY ARE THE OLDER DESIGN (wtf...WHY AM I SHOuting????) but really would recommend the better vision of other styles.

Jon Peck, who owns Norton, is a mate of mine and did us some kit favours for ODD so I recommend getting hold of him and discussing prices if you have bulk orders as his kit is lovely to fight in....

Oh yes, for those who didn't know, Jon Peck was playing Rahim the Persian scum (oops, meant champion) for the Lions and Tigers of Hyrkan!!!!

Not going to ask how much of a discount you may be able to get from John but its worth comparing FBFX and norton. At face value there is a considerable difference in price and i would be inclined to say that the quality of the FBFX product is slightly superior:

If you've not tried a conrinthian on i strongly recommend it before you buy, your awareness is severly curtailed.
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin (Aegis Hellas) Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:28 pm

JonoDog wrote:Gotta say that I have a Corinthian helm and was amazed at how comfy it was and how good the visibility actually was.

Perhaps I lucked out and got one perfect for my head, or my padding of the interior was spot on.

All I'd say Is not to discount them outright. They look great, they are intimidating and to me look the cultural stereotype.

Fully agree mate, they look awesome.
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Greek Helms - Page 2 Empty CLASH OF THE TITANS HELMS

Post  bedlum Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 am

There was sev photos of a lad wearing full armour and a helmet that was worn by the soldiers in the ORIGINAL movie,any idea what style this is and where i can get 1 Very Happy ,p.s i hav a head like a mountain gorilla,lrg Very Happy

bedlum
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin (Aegis Hellas) Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:59 pm

bedlum wrote:There was sev photos of a lad wearing full armour and a helmet that was worn by the soldiers in the ORIGINAL movie,any idea what style this is and where i can get 1 Very Happy ,p.s i hav a head like a mountain gorilla,lrg Very Happy

Can you be more specific on this helmet?
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Colin (Aegis Hellas)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Greek Helms - Page 2 Empty titan helm

Post  bedlum Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:29 am

The 3 hopltes that followed perseus into medusas temple used them,the original film Very Happy ,the photo is in Clare Selleys Photos code ody-0110-028]flick

Last edited by bedlum on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 6 times in total

bedlum
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve (Aegis Hellas) Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 am

can you link it?
Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob/Telemachus (CoP) Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:41 am

I've just dug out the DVD (no mean feat, I can assure you; I've just moved house and can't find anything), and the hoplites that follow Perseus into Medusa's lair were wearing Italo-corinthians. I remember seeing someone wearing one of those at the annual, but have no idea where it might have come from. I think he may have been one of Aegis Hellas, perhaps one of you can help?
Bob/Telemachus (CoP)
Bob/Telemachus (CoP)
Psiloi
Psiloi

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:52 pm

that could have been several people we had a few Corintian helmets around.

Philip
Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve (Aegis Hellas) Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Me and Colin were both wearing Corinthian helmets both bought from Movie armour (FBFX) priced £120. They are plain helmets with no plumes etc... was this the one?
Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Post  Wozzi Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:36 pm

i think he means this one:-
Wozzi
Wozzi
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Greek Helms - Page 2 Empty thats the one

Post  bedlum Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 am

Well done sir,i spent ages trying to download last nite,this is the helmet can anyone gif me info? Very Happy

bedlum
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:42 am

That would be the second in command of the children of belarophon.

I think he said his kit was ex argonaught from the gathering.

Philip
Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Greek Helms - Page 2 Empty Trying to get Helm sizes from SFX

Post  Zanthras Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:55 am

Anyone had any luck contacting SFX about helm sizes. I emailed them twice but as of yet have had nothing back. If anyone actually owns one of these and could possible measure the inside circumference for me and post back, I would greatly appreciate it as am planing to buy one in the new year? Need a new one but all the ones I have looked at are all to small (damn my oversized head!).

Also quick practical question, did anyone have any problems when fighting in a helm with plumes? For example getting your neck broken by someone clattering a weapon into the side of your plume and not on the helm itself?

Grey
Zanthras
Zanthras
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve (Aegis Hellas) Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:54 am

I have an FBFX(Movie armour.com) Corinthian and it fits my head and i have a fairly large skull. I have trouble with helmets fitting but this one was comfy and doesnt move even when being hit in the head. I just measured it and it will fit a 23 1/2" head comfortably. You would also be better off calling FBFX to find out lead time on a helmet as e mail they are a little slow with sometimes due to volume. Their number is 0208 751 5321

Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Steve (Aegis Hellas)
Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Greek Helms - Page 2 Empty titan helmet

Post  bedlum Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Any look guys where i wud get a helm like that Very Happy

bedlum
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  dance Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 pm

with regards to the comment about norton doing bulk discounts, he has replied to several emails from various people i know. stating he only baisically dosnt, unless the order is over a couple of grand.
i would be interested if anyone is getting a discount, especially if they are friends with either of the guys running norton/sfx.
as i have the thracian, closed-face helmet. which struggles to embrace my head circumference of 26.5 inches.....yeh i know Razz

so if the spartan guys are getting a bulk discount, let me know.
im looking at a plumed corinthian, like cazz's but with different plume colours.... as it has great visibility,
altho i dunno, cazz seemed to rarely wear his.....i guess it could be due to the weight/bulkyness and off-set centre of gravity in the helmet.....
who knows.

dance
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down

Post  Draxus Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:25 am

Just a heads up all FBFX no longer trade retail they are film props only. This is due to the size of the projects they are currently working on.

Regarding my plumed FBFX helmet.. I only wore it in the arena for the obvious reason of... why would i wear it outside the arena.. it fucks with your hearing something fierce.
While fighting I did notice a couple of Persians actually aimed for the plume to try and knock my helmet off centre and render me useless for a few seconds.
I generally body checked anyone stupid enough to try this tactic.
Draxus
Draxus
Psiloi
Psiloi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olympaeus, King of Sparta Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

I think everybody is going to find great problems getting kit from FB or Norton at the moment. I've been working for Norton Armouries on Clash of the Titans II since January and I know FBFX are pretty up against it as well. I think everybody needs to bear in mind the fact that both companies are film props/fx houses, not larp trading companies and they only sell into the larp market out of (certainly in Norton's case) a love of the hobby and a sense of respecting where you've come from.

I would be amazed if either company will sculpt anything based on an order volume of ten...that really doesnt begin to cover the cost of originating a new helm size or whatever. The stuff we can get our hands on has all been in movies at some point so they have the moulds...Nortons full greek set inc corinthian was used in Alexander for instance, but was originated by Norton and so they can sell it. Some of the bigger films have used stuff from both companies as well, so don't think that something MUST be from one company or the other because you heard that they did the kit for specific movie...always best to check.

As to discounts...nah, not going to happen. Movie companies don't get a discount when they order in the hundreds. The deal I got for the Spartans was based on me swapping out LARP weapons and shields that I made in my workshop for Norton kit...something that only happened because my kit has a certain rep amongst the competative fighting comunity and Jon (Peck) doesn't have time to make his own kit any more.

Norton will, of course, try and fill orders for Oddyssey, but don't leave it to long to order as we are still very busy on Clash/Game of Thrones II etc etc.....

Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Post  Pythagoras Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am

On a related note i am selling my Corinthian Helmet as made by SBFX. Retailed at £135 and is almost as new in terms of condition. I will consider selling it to someone for sensible money so if you are interested either PM me on here or via Facebook. Sensible offers only please.
Pythagoras
Pythagoras
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dance Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am

pic?

dance
Helot
Helot

Back to top Go down